The Desi self-made billionaire has just become the fourth richest person in the world again after overtaking the Microsoft giant Bill Gates. According to the latest news, Adani has become the 4th richest in the world with a massive net worth of over 1
215 billion dollars. This happens after Gates made a donation of 20 billion dollars.
The Self-Made Billionaire Gets His Spot Back
The chairperson of the Adani group has now surpassed the former richest person in the world, Bill Gates, and become the #fourthrichestperson in the world.
Last week, Bill Gates mentioned that he would be donating 20 billion dollars from his fortune to the nonprofit organization Bill and Melinda Gates. Making an announcement, he stated:
“My giving this money is not a sacrifice at all. I feel privileged to be involved in tackling these great challenges, I enjoy the work, and I believe I have an obligation to return my resources to society in ways that have the greatest impact on improving lives.”
Adani’s net worth skyrocketed by 6.2 billion dollars on Tuesday and reached 129.4 billion dollars. According to the list by Forbes Real-Time Billionaires, he was just 1.2 billion dollars short of overtaking Bill Gates as the fourth richest person in the world.
The Rapid But Steady Rise
- Gautam Adani established his first company in 1988. It was called Adani Exports. Now it is known as Adani Enterprise, the holding company of Adani Group. It originally dealt with power and agricultural commodities.
- In February of 2022, Adani overtook Mukesh Ambani to become the richest person in India and in Asia.
- On 14th April 2022, he became the sixth richest person after overtaking Google founder Larry Page.
- Just a few days later, on 25th April 2022, he overtook Warren Buffet and became the fifth richest person in the world.
- He became the fourth richest person in the world for the first time on 28th April 2022, but after a few months he dropped down to 9th position
- On 19th July, he became the 4th richest man according to Forbes List of the World’s Richest after Bill Gates made a donation of 20 billion dollars.
The self-made desi billionaire Gautam Adani is not only the richest man in India and Asia but also the fourth richest person in the world, surpassing Bill Gates. He now has a net worth of over 1
2915 billion dollars.
The chase in the companies of the Adani Group has made this possible and propelled the founder as the fourth richest person in the world. He added nearly two-thirds to his riches solely in the year 2022.