We can not live without our phones for a single hour. But on the go, we may often forget to take our phone’s chargers. But at the same time, what if your phone’s battery. Then how to charge your phone without a charger?
You may be thinking it is impossible to charge your phone without a charger, but in reality, it is possible. The science has come really far, and it has also given us several options to charge your phone without a charger.
How To Charge Your Phone Without A Charger? Here Are 8 Fun Ways
Here, in this article, I will tell you about different ways to charge your phone when you have the very question “How to charge your phone without a charger?” So, let’s get started and look at the options that you have.
1. Use A USB Port To Charge Your Phone
For this process of “How to charge your phone without a charger on the go,” you will need a charging cable that is compatible with your phone. You can either plug your phone into your laptop or any other USB for charging up your phone.
- Almost every USB port that we can find in airports and coffee shops offers enough power to charge a standard smartphone. There are also some hotels that have built-in USB ports into bedside tables and lamps. Usually, they all are US-A shape, which is a rectangular end of the cable that you normally use to charge your phone.
- Into the USB port, plug the USB end of the charging plug.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your phone.
2. With A Battery Pack Charge Your Phone
In order to use this method, you need to do a bit of advance planning.
- All modern battery packs come with enough power in order to charge your smartphone. Even though your phone supports fast charging, most of those battery packs may not support that.
- Make sure you have charged your battery pack in advance, and you are carrying it with you when you do not have access to your phone’s charger. Or you can do one thing, just carry the power pack every time with you.
- Though every battery pack might be a little different, all you need to do is power it one and plug the charging cable into the battery pack and the other end into your phone.
3. For Emergency Phone Charger Hand-Crank Chargers
The best thing about a hand-crank is that it does not require electric power at all. So, in case you are thinking about “how to charge your phone without electricity?” This is the perfect option for you to charge your phone outdoors.
- Plug the charging cable into your phone and the charger. After that, keep cranking till the time you get enough charge on your phone.
- You have to remember that it might take some time to get a usable charge. Some hand-crank models also come with in-built batteries. This will allow you to charge the battery so that you can use the battery to charge your phone later.
4. Go For An Eco-friendly Solar-Powered Chargers
A solar power charger is another outdoor adventure to consider during the time of “How to charge your phone without a charger wherever you want?” It requires sunlight to run. There are two ways of using the charger.
You can either charge the in-built battery with the sunlight or let the sunlight directly charge your phone.
- In order to collect the sunlight, you need to set up the charger.
- Plug the charging cable into your phone and the solar-powered charger.
5. Charge Your Phone With A Car Charger
Almost every modern vehicle comes with USB ports. You can use them for charging mobile devices. But in case your vehicle does not have any, you can buy an adapter, which plugs into your lighting port.
- Start your car, or you also can turn your car into accessory mode.
- Now plug one end of the charging cable into the adapter or USB port of the car. Now connect the other end to your phone.
6. Opt For An Wireless Charger For
In case you are using a smartphone, which supports wireless charging, it is really great news. All you need to do is just place your mobile device on the charging pad.
7. Charge Your Smartphone Using Wind
Yes, you read that right; you can utilize the energy of wind for “How to charge your phone without a charger?” for charging your phone, place your mobile device into an iFan charging case on the handlebars of any bicycle.
Now what you need to do is ride the bicycle for 6 hours. After that, you will have enough electricity generated from wind energy that can charge your phone full. The only sad news is that iFan is only available for iPhones for now.
8. Charge Your Smartphone With Your Voice
When your phone is going out of battery, and you also do not have the charger with you, the first thing you might want to do is scream. Take my advice, do not stop yourself from doing that, just scream as it is the answer to “How to charge your phone without a charger?”
In South Korea, Sungkyunkwan University has developed a device that will actually make your desperate cries perfect for helping your battery. The very first prototype is totally capable of generating 50mV of electricity from 100dB sound.
The sound requirement is quite equivalent to an airplane flying overhead, heavy traffic, and the angry scream of someone with a dying phone. So, now shouting at your phone actually can charge it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some popularly asked questions related to the same questions and their answers. I
Can You Charge Your Phone Without A Charger?
There are some strange ways of charging your phone and other electronic devices that work. You don’t necessarily always have to plug a charger in to charge your phone. There are various methods through which an electronic device may absorb energy. For instance –
- Radio waves
How Can I Charge My Phone In 1 Minute?
Suppose you want to charge your phone in a minute. That may not be possible. But you can speed up the process by following these tips.
- You can turn on the airplane mode and plug the charger in. when your phone is not connected to the network; it charges pretty fast.
- Also, turning off the phone also helps you charge your phone faster than charging it while switched on.
- Take the case off and keep the phone in a cooler place when charging it. It helps you charge your phone faster.
How Do You Charge A Dead Battery Without A Charger?
You can actually charge a dead battery following different tested and proven methods. Here are some of these methods –
- You can use jump leads
- Use solar charger and panels
- USP inverters also help
- You can also use a car jump starter
- Using a battery isolator also helps you charge a dead battery
Can A Phone Work Without A Battery?
Although it sounds weird, you can actually run a phone without a battery. Some old CDMA phones used to have this characteristic. These phones would run when you connect them with a charger after pulling the battery out. Old phones like LG and Samsung often used to be charged without any battery attached to them.
So these are the things that you can consider when you are thinking a lot about “How to charge your phone without a charger?” you can go with anyone that might seem convenient for you.
But the best advice I can give is to carry your charger or power packs with you all the time so that you do not have to run here and there to charge your phone in an emergency situation.