Losing pounds does not always mean crazy fad diets and grueling workouts. Fad diets are not effective in the long run, and often people end up gaining more weight. Then what is the answer to the very question “How to lose 20 pounds in a month?”
The best ways to lose weight within a month are having healthy and balanced meals, sleeping properly, getting the right amount of sleep, having plenty of water, and many more. Exercising is also a great thing to start for getting a healthy and fit body.
How To Lose 20 Pounds In A Month?
Some of us often think about a question, and that is “How to lose 20 pounds in a month without exercise?” Although exercise will accelerate the process, that does not mean losing weight is impossible without it.
As long as you are active enough throughout the day, you will not need to dedicate some extra hours solely for exercising. So, let’s check the things that you need to start from today.
1. Lower The Number Of Calories You Consume
Try to eat less than what you are eating currently. For the very first week, gradually decrease your daily calorie intake, and after one week, stick to an appropriate amount of calories that will help you to lose weight and will not make you feel totally wiped out.
I know it is not fun to count on your calories. In addition to this, in order to achieve your goal, you also need to be very particular about discipline.
- The most straightforward rule of dieting is that you will lose weight if you burn more calories than you consume.
- Consulting with a nutritionist, using a calorie counting app, or having a food journal will keep a track of the nutrition value of the food you have eaten and how much you need to burn for losing the desired weight.
2. Cut Out Junk Food
The very first thing you need to do to keep your calorie intake low is eliminating all the junk foods from your diet. Those sugary, salty, overly processed snacks or foods are not really great when you are thinking of “How to lose 20 pounds in a month?”
Junk foods like candy, cake, pizza, fries are nothing but a death trap for those who are determined to lose weight.
- Make sure the food you are having should be steamed, boiled, baked, or grilled. Keep yourself refrain from fatty additives like oil and butter.
- One of the simplest ways to minimize the number of calories that you are getting is to stop drinking soda and eating fast food. This has the potential to help at least lose 2 or 3 pounds in a week.
3. Add Fat-burning Foods To Your Diet
The answer to the question “How to lose 20 pounds in a month without exercise ?” is definitely not starving yourself. It is all about selecting the right foods, which will help you to burn the fats as well.
- Fatty fish with a higher portion of Omega-3s will help reduce the leptin in your body. It also keeps you full for a long time and ups your metabolism. In case you are not that much into seafood, consult your doctor and ask for a fish oil supplement.
- Apples are stuffed with pectin. It reduces the fat that your body absorbs. Apples are also full of fibers and low in calories, which makes them the perfect snacking option.
- While ginger is widening your blood vessels, garlic is taking care of the insulin level by keeping it lower. So, add ginger and garlic to your meals. Both of them also increase the metabolic rate of your body.
- Switch your primary cooking oil to olive oil. Oils are indeed fat, but when it comes to olive oil, it is full of the good type of monounsaturated fat. Along with lowering cholesterol levels, it also has several benefits.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water
When we are talking about “How to lose 20 pounds in a month?” We can not forget to mention how much it is to drink more water. Along with minimizing your appetite, drinking water morning, noon, and night will also give you clear brown skin.
- Drinking two glasses of water before every meal will make you full three times faster. And you will not end up having more calories.
- Though the required hydration level varies from person to person, the standards are around 2.7 ltr for women and 3.7 ltr for men. This amount also includes the water in beverages and foods.
- Consuming green tea is also really beneficial. As it is full of antioxidants and also helps you in increasing your metabolic rate.
- Eliminate the alcohol and sodas. They are nothing but empty calories.
5. Get Plenty Of Sleep
Getting the proper sleep is also important for “How to lose 20 pounds in a month?” It is crucial for improving your overall wellbeing and running at top capacity. Although eight hours of deep sleep is preferable, in our busy schedule, we hardly can afford that.
So, make sure that you are getting 6 hours of uninterrupted deep sleep every night. During the time you sleep. Your body repairs the damaged tissues and cells along with allocating calories for internal usage and also restoring the fallen energy level.
- Due to stress, insomnia, overwork, and many other issues, there are a lot of people who do not get enough sleep. And thus they also find it really difficult to lose those extra pounds.
- In case you are unable to afford the one long block of sleep during the night, then taking several short naps throughout the day is really a great idea.
So, these are the things that you need to consider when you are thinking of “How to lose 20 pounds in a month?” Make sure you are being very attentive about the snacks you are choosing; though you are following the proper courses of healthy meals, unhealthy snacking options can cost you too much. Exercising is always really good for both weight loss and having a fit and healthy physique. So, start with some cardio and gradually dig deeper with more specific training sessions.